Well, the subject of this email pretty much explains this week. It's been a crazy, up and down, emotional, funny, memorable, tough week yet with lots of tender mercies and miracles. I'm grateful we have been able to see the miracles throughout days that seem so long and
frustrating. To start off the week I about ate it straight on my face twice within 45 minutes. The first time I tripped trying to run and catch a bus right in the middle of the cross walk, so embarrassing I was dying laughing, then we were crossing another street and my boot
heel slid on a pieces of ice...all four limbs were in the air as I
screamed and then sister Williams screamed and grabbed my arm and I
caught myself with my other. This is why we have companions! Oh my
gosh we were laughing so hard we had tears running down our faces. But
as for health, Sister Williams has not gotten much better and I feel
so bad, whenever we thought something was going to work out something
that ruined the good always came right after. We were in the ER from
5:30-11:30 Friday night and they didn't do anything whatsoever to
help. President called the elders and had them bring us food and
company cause we were so bored and starving. She hasn't been able to
get the tests that she needs and we are still trying to figure out
what's wrong. We had a MRI scheduled for today and we get a call
yesterday saying they won't be able to do it anymore because the
machine broke. What the?? I was like is this a joke? Oh my
heavens...poor thing. She is taking it all so well, it's amazing.
Please keep her in your prayers!
I went on exchanges with sister millet for about 12 hours before I
couldn't stand not being there with sister Williams ha so we brought
them back lunch and talked for a little bit. But to make this story
more exciting the night we left as we were leaving there was this guy
trying to park over this other guys cones. They were all in each
other's faces arguing and such. And we are just looking at each other
like what in the world is going on?? Then the guy gets in his car and
starts running over all the cones as the one guy is throwing them
under his car. Oh how I love New York. Then we shortly find out that
their house has no heat or hot water...so we gather some blankets and
head over to a senior couples house and have a little camp out in
their living room and STILL got to bed by just after 10:30. Then
because they take such good care of us here, they wake up and make us
eggs, ham, muffins, hot chocolate, the best breakfast I've had in a
long time. But I had a good time with sister millet, we have a lot in
common and she is so great!
As for missionary work, we were blessed to still get some done without
leaving much at all. On Saturday night our ward had a clothing
exchange and make over night. We had a lot of members come, less
actives who do hair and make up came and did others for free and some
non members came too! It was successful!! Then in sacrament there were
a ton of people who bore their testimonies that we went over 15
minutes! I was so happy to hear their testimonies grow. They are so
great. We taught the (G) last night with the bishop and it went
really well! They have a long way to go but with all the potential in
the world. They had a friend, (A) who was there and stayed and read
the Book of Mormon with us! Afterwards he said how he felt so good and
thought the book was amazing and that he wanted one. I told him we
could bring him one, as I was getting his information he asked about
church too. Pure in heart! We have an FHE tonight with the (G)
family and him at bishops house. MIRACLES ARE REAL.
I am so eternally grateful for all your love, support and faithfulness
to this gospel. It is truly bringing miracles into our family and
individual lives. That is one thing I have a very strong testimony of
is miracles, even though healing a blind person seems crazy and that
it couldn't happen today, we see miracles today that are just as
amazing. I know that very single one is from our loving Heavenly
Father and savior who love us more than we can comprehend.
5 For behold, the time cometh, and is not far distant, that with
power, the Lord Omnipotent who reigneth, who was, and is from all
eternity to all eternity, shall come down from heaven among the
children of men, and shall dwell in a tabernacle of clay, and shall go
forth amongst men, working mighty miracles, such as healing the sick,
raising the dead, causing the lame to walk, the blind to receive their
sight, and the deaf to hear, and curing all manner of diseases.
6 And he shall cast out devils, or the evil spirits which dwell in the
hearts of the children of men.
7 And lo, he shall suffer temptations, and pain of body, hunger,
thirst, and fatigue, even more than man can suffer, except it be unto
death; for behold, blood cometh from every pore, so great shall be his
anguish for the wickedness and the abominations of his people.
(Mosiah 3:5-7)
27 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ
hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God,
to claim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the
children of men?
28 For he hath answered the ends of the law, and he claimeth all those
who have faith in him; and they who have faith in him will cleave unto
every good thing; wherefore he advocateth the cause of the children of
men; and he dwelleth eternally in the heavens.
29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles
ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to
minister unto the children of men.
(Moroni 7:27-29)
I love you all SO much. Miracles are happening, no matter how big or
small we just have to open our eyes and recognize them!
and yes, my first haircut ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment