Tuesday, February 11, 2014

january update!

well, this past month or so has been a roller coaster to say the least. i like to call it "miracles in the midst of trials". sorry for not updating well lately, its just been a little crazy down here in brooklyn! its been so crazy...so many ups and downs i can't even count them. so here are bits and pieces of the last few weeks...

1/20/14
Hi everyone! Hope you had a great week!! This week was good...really
slow but super good. We learned a lot, a lot about trials and that
there is always a reason for them. We were having the worst luck and
satan was ruining EVERYTHING. Seriously I wanted to punch him in the
face...that he doesn't have. All of our investigators just
stopped...losing things...appointments falling
through...sickness...personal stuff...BUT we didn't give up. We tried
to make the best of it and not dwell on the bad but try and conquer
the adversary! Well it worked...we saw so many tender mercies
throughout the week. One of them was that one night we were just like
why does everyone hate us?? Haha then (R)texted us like five minutes
later asking if we wanted to come spend
time with her, make a new dessert and do family history. We were like
oh my thank you so much!! I'm do grateful for our members, they are so
great. We have been trying to fearless people more to find the pure in
heart, we were waiting for a train and I saw this Spanish lady so I
went up to her and started talking to her...don't really remember what
I said but it was like we knew her for years! We talked about church
and English class and her family and everything! She told me that my
Spanish was really good and asked if I spoke English haha! Sweet woman
she was. I guess I just have my select moments of good Spanish. :) The
Lord is right by our side in this work, I KNOW it! And I LOVE it,
cause without him we couldn't do anything. Miracles DO happen no matter
how big or small.
this pretty girl did our hair for us!

1/27/14
Well this week was...good, interesting, sickly. On Tuesday it snowed ALL day. And we just happened to be walking ALL day. Then we discovered Sister Williams is super sick, please pray for her! So this week was spent mostly in our studio apartment. I swear i have a curse on all my companions...they have all gotten sick!! I feel so bad! But im grateful to be taking care of all of them. But i would say the "theme" of this week was amor, or love. I have been thinking a lot of how i can be a better missionary and live every single day to my very best. And well, the Lord answers prayers. In district meeting on Tuesday we were talking about what President had talked about in transfer meeting. Which was, love..loving our Heavenly Father, truly learning to love him. Its something i've always yearned for and that was my answer, learn to love God and everything else will fall into place and i won't have to worry. I also have a testimony of the Lord putting us where we need to be, who to be with and when. Then we had a zone meeting and again, talked about love. Loving each other and loving those around us. I have come to love so many people and so many missionaries just for who they are. Then we had a conference call with all the sisters in our zone and a couple others and they said they want to make this transfers theme The love of God. There is a talk by president uchtdorf called "the love of god". Go read it! Its amazing. Thats what i want to do, finish with love, and know how to love my heavenly father. One of my favorite quotes from the talk is..."though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely." Never forget that GOD LOVES YOU. And its real.
love this woman.


some of the hermanas.



No comments:

Post a Comment