Wednesday, December 25, 2013

feliz navidad de nuevo york!


some fun christmas photos....

Displaying photo 1.JPG
a little visit with santa
Displaying photo 4.JPG
sweet, Jennie gave us perfume and matching scarfs!
this Christmas was definately one of the best i've ever had. to start, on Christmas Eve we had a mission wide get together with a musical program! the new york new york south mission is SO talented...i loved listening to all the pieces and feeling the spirit of Christmas.

Displaying photo 5.JPG
zone 2--midwood monkeys
  


Displaying photo 2.JPG
the gifts we got from president and sister calderwood

 
love these sisters




Displaying photo 4.JPG

we had breakfast with the wonderful Cuevas family Christmas morning!











afterwards we headed to the church to facetime the family! i got to meet my two new nephews who are the cutest little guys ever! that was the best gift i recieved. I am so very grateful for each and every one of them. i even got to see my best friend in africa for about 30 seconds! 
Displaying photo 3.PNG
Displaying photo.JPG













then after we talked we went and played
basketball and had dinner with the Montoyas! I am so grateful for Christ and His birth and life. i am so thankful for the knowledge that i have that he his our savior.


a little bit of my letter from last week...
An elder that is serving in patchogue right now came up and said sister lewis you are a legend
out there...haha I was like oh good someone remembers me :) anyways
one of the ladies we tried to teach out there they are now teaching
again and her son is getting baptized in like a week!! Ahh I was so
happy! This week we were on Facebook and a kid from back home who is
waiting to go back out on his mission messaged me asking for advice
and help about his situation. I was very humbled and grateful for the
chance to talk to him! Yay for my first Facebook success!! I gave a
talk in sacrament yesterday, it was alright! I am just so so grateful
for Sundays, they really are the best day of the week. Even as a
missionary when all you do Is serve I NEED them. The sacrament
rejuvenates me and helps me feel like it's okay and I can do better
this week.
mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb... yes we ate lamb.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment